Cash price care as a health benefit
Gig workers, part-time workers and those in-between jobs commonly lack health benefits. Although many see this as a disadvantage being free of health plan control and costs can be of great benefit.
The advantages of being free from health plan control.
The odds of a millennial needing major medical or catastrophic care is low. Routine office-based care is affordable and shouldn’t need health insurance coverage.
- You control your care.
- You pay only for what you need.
- You choose who you want to see and what you want done.
- Save big bucks on unnecessary coverage and being over-insured.
- When you are in a position to afford health benefits consider a high-deductible plan for major medical or catastrophic care – not routine care.
The disadvantages of being controlled by a health plan.
- You pay for routine care anyway with copays, deductibles and non-covered services along with the costly health insurance plan that fails to kick-in.
- You are not in control.
- Your doctor is a puppet on a string who has to get health plan OKs for every test and treatment.
- Non-medical intermediaries working for the health plan delay, ration or deny your care.
- You only have access to a narrow list of providers.
- You are subject to inflated insurance-based pricing.
- You are subjected to insurance-based rules.
- Require referrals and authorizations for testing and treatment.
- Get surprise bills.
- Get yearly health plan cost increases.
Visit www.HEALTHdrum.com Come join our healthcare community and discover how consumer-directed, self pay care can save you a bundle of money and put healthcare control back in your hands.
Written by HEALTHdrum