Pain management is a medical specialty devoted to discovering the cause of your chronic pain and offering treatment options to improve your quality of life.
Pain management physicians.
- Perform evaluations to diagnose the cause of your pain.
- Undertake imaging studies such as an MRI.
- Try non-surgical treatment options.
- Prescribe medications such as anti-inflammatories, relaxants or anti-depressants.
- Undertake more definitive treatments such as epidurals, nerve blocks, radio-frequency ablations, spinal cord stimulation or neuromodulation options.
Conditions causing chronic pain.
- Acute and chronic lower back pain.
- Acute and chronic neck pain.
- Post laminectomy syndromes.
- Spinal stenosis.
- Arthritic back and neck pain.
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) / complex-regional pain syndromes (CRPS).
- Focal or generalized cancer pain.
- Myofascial pain syndromes.
- Atypical facial pain.
- Peripheral entrapment neuropathies /neuromas.
- Post stroke and central pain syndromes / spinal cord injury pain syndrome / failed back surgery syndromes.
- Post-herpetic neuralgia.
- Arnold’s Disease.
- Migraine Headaches.
Visit www.HEALTHdrum.com Come join our healthcare community and discover how consumer-directed, self pay care can save you a bundle of money and put healthcare control back in your hands.
Written by HEALTHdrum