Types of Information We CollectWe collect the following information about you:
- Personal Information. This is information that directly or indirectly identifies you, such as your name, email address, or other identifying information about you, or that would, when combined with other information you provide or that is broadly available, be likely to identify you.
- Other Information. Other Information is any information that is not Personal Information—that, by itself, does not individually identify you. This includes information such as browser type, operating system, technical data, and usage. We may link together different types of Other Information or link Other Information to create Personal Information.
How We Collect InformationWe collect Personal Information and Other Information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, an Electronic Platform may require you to create an account or a user name and password, or if you utilize any other Resources, we may ask for Personal Information.
- Information We Get from Your Use of Services. We may collect information about the Resources that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Computer, tablet, or mobile telephone information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, device sensors and mobile network information including phone number) and device sensors and related information. HEALTHdrum may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account. We will comply with the usage/license restrictions and requirements applicable to the device from which the information comes.
- Log information. When you use an Electronic Platform or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include, for example:
- details of how you used our Resources.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Location information. When you use a location-enabled Electronic Platform, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We also may use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers. Certain Electronic Platforms may include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to HEALTHdrum when you install or uninstall an application or utilize that Electronic Platform or when that Resource periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage. We may collect and store information (including Personal Information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit an Electronic Platform as described below, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
How We Use Information We CollectWe take your privacy seriously. We use the information that we collect about you to provide, maintain, protect and improve the services and products that HEALTHdrum provides to you.We use your Personal Information for the following purposes, or may use it for these purposes in the future:
- To respond to questions that you may have.
- To provide products or services you request or that are part of, or related to, the service or products you request.
- To inform you of updates regarding HEALTHdrum or services or products that may be of interest to you.
- To provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Resources.
- To manage your participation in events and other promotions where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer and for our other internal operations.
- To analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies.
- To analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Electronic Platforms including mobile applications and social media assets.
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities.
- To improve our customer service.
- To respond to and support customers regarding their use of the Resources.
- To comply with all applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and Other Tracking TechnologiesSome of our Resources may utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies like pixel tags and web beacons (often called “smart cookies”) to improve the functionality of the Resources. Cookies are text files that are sent by servers to devices and stored on your device. They tell us which parts of the Resources you’ve visited so HEALTHdrum can alert you to software compatibility issues and save your preferences for future visits to the Resources. Web beacons and pixel tags are images embedded in a webpage or e-mail for the purpose of measuring and analyzing usage and activity. The Resources, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use web beacons and pixel tags to help us analyze usage and improve our functionality and the types of marketing or other materials that you may view. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously provided by a user.
How We Protect Your InformationHEALTHdrum discloses Personal Information to those of its employees, contractors, agents and affiliated organizations that need to know that information in order to process it on HEALTHdrum’s behalf or to provide services. Some of those employees, contractors, agents and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your state, province or country. By using the Resources or providing us information, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. HEALTHdrum will not rent or sell potential Personal Information to anyone. If you are a registered user of one or more Resources or have supplied your email address, you agree that in addition to any Resources you may have solicited or requested, HEALTHdrum may further send you emails to provide you with information, to inform you of new products, to solicit your feedback, or to keep you up to date on HEALTHdrum and its products. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in our marketing emails. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the "Contact Us" section below, and we will honor your request. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, we may not immediately delete residual copies of Personal Information that is on our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. If you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below. HEALTHdrum undertakes commercially reasonable efforts to guard against unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of Personal Information, which efforts you agree are sufficient, adequate and complete. In some cases, we cannot control, and are not responsible for, information that is shared about you. For example:
- Information you share.Some of our Electronic Platforms or other Resources may let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines or otherwise further disclosed.
- Social Media Accounts. HEALTHdrum maintains various social network accounts such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Please note that comments and information that you leave in such settings are likely to be broadly visible and may not be controlled by HEALTHdrum. We are therefore not responsible for any information or messages you leave in such settings or for how such information may be used by others.
- Accessing and updating your Personal Information.If you provide us with information or create an account in order to access or receive Resources, we may or may not be able to provide you with access to your Personal Information. If information that we control about you is incorrect, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it (unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes). When updating your Personal Information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
CommentsYou acknowledge and agree that HEALTHdrum has no duty or obligation to respond to or save user comments.
MinorsThe Electronic Platforms are not intended for use by minors. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about individuals who are under the age of 18. If a minor has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that minor may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 18, please contact us at [email protected]. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the Personal Information of a child under 18, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Do Not TrackSome browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that lets you tell websites and online services that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Such browser features and industry standards are not uniform, so our websites and online services do not respond to those signals.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)HEALTHdrum provides our services on behalf of our individual users, not for any healthcare provider, health insurer, or healthcare clearinghouse. HEALTHdrum is neither a covered entity nor a business associate of a covered entity under HIPAA. You understand that any information you submit to us is not considered protected health information under HIPAA. As detailed above, we take commercially reasonable steps to protect all Personal Information and to comply with any privacy laws applicable to us.